Terms & Conditions
By ordering or using our website you agree to abide by the terms and conditions stated below.
- Furniture is shipped curbside delivery and arrangements will need to be made by the customer for the furniture to be carried into the house. Our experience has been that the drivers can be helpful if you are courteous and offer a tip. We cannot, however, guarantee this so we recommend having help available when they arrive. White Glove delivery is available for an additional $150 if desired. In the event that a piece does get damaged, it is very easy to take care of.
- When the furniture arrives, be sure to inspect it before you sign for it. This is especially true if you notice any damage to the packaging. In the event there is damage, follow these four simple steps:
- Don't panic; it's insured.
- Keep all of the good pieces.
- With the driver still there, callus at 800-737-7702 and we will help you determine if the damaged piece should be kept with you or sent back.
- Sign the Bill Of Lading, making sure to notate the specific damage. State only the facts of the damage.
- It is very important that you follow these steps so that we can give you the highest level of customer service. Delivery companies are very reluctant to help once you have signed for it due to the fact that there are people who try and take advantage of them by claiming that damage they inflict to the furniture sometimes weeks after they received it came that way. Helpful hint: The two biggest clues that there may be something wrong: a) the box is damaged or b) the driver tells you he is too busy or doesn't have to let you inspect it. (This probably means that he did it and is trying to get out of there before you figure it out.) Again, damage is very rare but we'd like you know what to do just incase.
- In the rare event that there is hidden damage that isn't seen until after the driver leaves, please contact us within 24 hours of delivery to report it. Most delivery companies have a 48 hour window to report hidden damage so it is important that we follow their guidelines.
- In the event the order is cancelled or returned for reasons other than freight damage, the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges and a 15% restocking fee. In the event that an order is canceled but has not shipped, no shipping charges will be due but the restocking fee will still apply.
- Free shipping is a one-way offer. In the event of a return due to a circumstance that does not involve damage , (i.e. you forgot to measure your room before purchasing, etc...) the customer will be responsible for freight charges both ways plus a 15% restocking fee. Leather Furniture Expo is not responsible for handling or paying for any non-damage returns. For damaged pieces, see "What happens if something is damaged?"
- Leather Furniture Expo reserves the right to attempt to repair or replace manufacturing defects and freight damage at our discretion. We will accept furniture with hidden damage with proof of damage (i.e. pictures, video, etc) within 72 hours of the receiving date. Any and all manufacturing defects including but not limited to dye lot issues must be reported within 14 days of receipt of furniture.
- Leather Furniture Expo is not responsible for the repair or exchange due to consumer abuse. Examples of consumer abuse are slices/ink marks/cigarette burns/scratches or scuffs on pillows and inner areas.
- All furniture is inspected thoroughly prior to shipment and heavy-duty special leather furniture packaging is used to prevent damages.
- We do not guarantee delivery dates. In the rare event that we do promise a delivery date, it will be noted on your invoice from us. If you do not have an invoice with a typed delivery date, you do not have a guaranteed delivery date and cancellations for that reason will have a 15% restocking fee and any applicable shipping charges.
- When an option, we are happy to customize pieces or collections with special requests or colors, special order merchandise is custom made upon order and is non-returnable and generally non-refundable. Special orders require a minimum 50% deposit, non-refundable after 1 week from time of purchase. Special orders have a 50% cancellation fee, if the order is canceled more than 7 days after placement. Under certain conditions, special order can be returned via our normal return policy however there is a 50% restocking fee instead of the normal 15% for stock orders.
Returns Shipping Packaging
- Leather furniture has a much lower tolerance for surface damages. Special care must be taken when handling leather furniture.
- Furniture shall be completely packaged with protective materials that will not cause damage to the leather but will protect the furniture and leather No cardboard contact with leather (will cause scuffs) No bubble wrap or bubble contact with leather (will transfer bubble indentions to leather) Bottom of furniture shall have cardboard sheet between the furniture and the wood pallet No wood contact with leather Legs must be removed and packaged separately in a way not to damage the furniture during transport.
- If packing does not meet Leather Furniture Expo standards, Leather Furniture Expo will not accept the returning merchandise and the customer will not receive credit for the furniture.
- All returns must be received within thirty days of notification. Returns must be packaged properly for return shipment. Any returns not received within thirty (30) days will be charged back to the customer until merchandise is received. Once merchandise is received, a credit will be issued.